[mythtv-users] Change channel scripts

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 18:27:58 UTC 2010

Okay I am having a weird issue with my change channel scripts. I have
three turners and three Comcast DTA/100's connected via IR cable from
the MCEUSB blasters to the IR port on the back of the DTA.

I am having two different issues happening. The first issue it seems
that about one out of every five recordings the channel does not change
at all. Let me explain, the DTA will display when a button is pushed to
change the channel and it get recorded by myth so I can see when the
channel is changed because it pops up a box in the lower right hand
corner to display the number buttons that are being pressed just like
using the remote. about every fifth or sixth recording does the. The
second issue is only one of two channel presses shows up. Ex. like if
the DTA is on 7 and it then tries to change to channel 16 I will only
see a 1 or usually the 6 show up so of course it recorded the wrong
channel. This happens about the same frequency as the other problem but
not at the same time.

I have tried to change the interdigit time between press with the same
result and if I invoke the change channel script manually it works every
time. There is no rhyme or reason when this happens, I have seen it
happen when there are lots of recordings close together or when there is
only one show being recorded at all and it happens across all tuners at
different times. I'm not sure which logs to look at or if it is a LIRC
or Mythtv issue. I hoping someone can direct me in the right direction.
Oh yeah I have the front IR receiver on the DTA's covered so they are
not getting any stray IR signals.

Here is my change channel script:

  #!/bin/sh
  REMOTE_NAME=DTA
  irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1
  for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
          irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
          sleep 0.4  # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay
up a bit, depending on your STB model
  done
  #irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME OK
  exit 0