[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 02:24:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 20:28 -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
>> They are all the same device.  Some remotes/transceivers have
>> more/less buttons.  This lircd.conf for the remotes pretty much just
>> covers all of the bases for the *mce* family.  They all refer to the
>> same mceusb transceiver/remote.
>>
> Thanks - learning all the time here :-)
>
>> try irsend with -d
>>
>> irsend -d /var/run/lirc/lircd LIST "" ""
>>
> Same empty response.
> Also the same response with irsend -d /dev/lircd LIST "" ""
>
> When I try irsend -d /dev/lirc0 LIST "" ""
> I get
> irsend: could not connect to socket
> irsend: connection refused.
>
> /dev/lirc0 is the actual mceusb device address.  I just checked,
> and /dev/lircd is a symlink to /var/run/lirc/lircd
>
>> I am not sure where your lirc install points though (I deleted the
>> older parts of the thread already)..  You can try that, or failing
>> that, post your lirc init scripts and we can figure it out from there.
>>  Once you get the LIST command returning results, the rest is pretty
>> quick to complete.
>>
> Which lirc init scripts are you referring to?
> /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf is almost empty of uncommented lines.
> The only lines that are not commented out are
> options lirc_dev debug=0
> options lirc_mceusb debug=0
>
> Am I missing some important init scripts?

Hmmm, ok.  output from "ps awwx | grep lirc", "cat /etc/init.d/lircd"
and "lsusb"

>> Did you restart lircd after you added the remote by chance?  It
>> probably at a minimum needs a HUP sent to it, or easier just restart
>> the whole service.
>>
> I ran /etc/init.d/lircd restart, which I believe restarts the whole
> lircd service.

That's the init script I am referring to.  It appears either the
transceiver is not supported for blasting, or somehow the lirc sockets
are not working properly.  We will probably have to end up turning
debugs back on for lirc_mceusb, so go ahead and change the 0 to a 1 in
your /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf for the mceusb entry, and the run
"depmod -a".  Stop the lircd service and "rmmod lirc_mceusb" and then
restart the lircd service.

After all of this, try an irsend again, and paste any relevant linces
from "dmesg" related to the mce_usb module.

Thanks

-Greg