[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sat Nov 6 03:18:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 22:28 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > After all of this, try an irsend again, and paste any relevant
> linces
> > from "dmesg" related to the mce_usb module.
>
> In shell #1:
> /etc/init.d/lircd stop
> lircd -n -d /dev/lirc0
>
> This might be enough to reveal what's up.

Aha!  That found the problem.

Error in configfile line 348:
unknown definition: "advc xz eps"
reading of file /etc/lirc/lircd.conf failed
reading of config file failed.

There was an error in the lirc.conf file.
I changed it to aeps 100

Now irsend LIST "" "" shows the four remotes, and irsend will now send
single digits to the controller.
e.g. irsend SEND_ONCE dish211 5 will change the STB to channel 5

No luck changing channels within mythtv yet, but we're peeling back the
layers of this onion.

I still get a failure when I watch tv if I change the command
from /bin/true to /home/mythtv/dish-change-channel-lirc.sh

Possibly a permission problem on the script?
I've attached the channel change script I'm using, and the permissions
that are currently set on that file

Thanks

Jeff