[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 lost LIRC support

Her Him dvrhax at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 04:41:56 UTC 2010

Recently subscribed to this list after reading the thread off of Gossamer about
lirc support in 10.10.  I had some luck after running lsmod and finding that the
module name had changed since lirc had been merged into the kernel, however I'm
still having some trouble.  Now lirc starts fine and irw recognises the remote
key presses however some keys are very sporadic only working say once out of 10
times.  I read Jared's blog at http://wilsonet.com/?page_id=95 and found it very
interesting and enlightening and followed some of the tips in one of the links
contained in it about removing a potential HAL conflict
http://lirc.org/html/devinput.html even though I wasn't getting any errors in
syslog about conflicts.  So I'm just hoping that someone has some ideas about
what it may take to fix this issue. I'm using an MCEUSB running 64 bit build of
Ubuntu 10.10 with lircd 0.8.7-pre3.

Thanks