[mythtv-users] Tuning to BBC News / radio channels on Freesat

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 14:49:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I can't tune to multiplex 2013 on Astra 2B, which is at 11954H.  When I try my
Nova-S says that it's higher than its frequency range of 915000-2100000 (or
numbers to that effect).  It seems unlikely that a card originally marketed
for Freesat can't pick up two of the BBC multiplexes now.

If I try just scanning with dvb-utils it doesn't work either:

S 10714000 H 22000000 5/6

Finds channel 4 etc

S 11954000 H 27500000 2/3

Just says tuning failed.

Does anybody else have this problem with the Nova S?  Or have the multiplex
with BBC News and the DVB radio channels somewhere else?

The card is detected as "cx88[0]: subsystem: 0070:9202, board: Hauppauge Nova-
S-Plus DVB-S [card=37,autodetected], frontend(s): 1".  It's a 2.6.35 kernel.

Thanks,

Widget.