[mythtv-users] : Is it worth while to stop/start mythtv nightly?)

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:35:21 UTC 2010

On 8 November 2010 08:46, James Thorpe <james at pawsforthorpe.co.uk> wrote:

I find that after a few days use, I HAVE to restart my frontend - it just
> gets too slow to use - menu navigations (even just going up and down on a
> single menu) take some time, and waiting for live tv / a recording to start
> even longer.  I've seen the same behaviour from 0.22 through to 0.23-fixes -
> whenever I think about mentioning it, there's always a new release around
> the corner that I hope might fix whatever it is - in this case 0.24!
>
> Has anyone else seen this behaviour at all?  It's running Mythbuntu
> (currently 10.04) on an Acer Revo.

I have Mythbuntu 10.04 and Myth 0.24-fixes on a Revo as one of my frontends
and don't see this problem.

* How much RAM does your Revo have?
* How much video memory have you set in the BIOS?
* What video decoding are you using? (I use VDPAU Normal)
* Are you running anything else other than Myth frontend?
* What type of physical network do you have between your front and backend?

George