[mythtv-users] : Is it worth while to stop/start mythtv nightly?)

James Thorpe james at pawsforthorpe.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 09:48:39 UTC 2010

On 08/11/2010 09:35, George Poulson wrote:
> * How much RAM does your Revo have?
2GB
> * How much video memory have you set in the BIOS?
The most the BIOS would allow me to set - I can't remember from memory
what this was, might be 512MB
> * What video decoding are you using? (I use VDPAU Normal)
Same here, VDPAU Normal
> * Are you running anything else other than Myth frontend?
Nope!
> * What type of physical network do you have between your front and
> backend?
100mb cable via a router/adsl modem.

After a reboot (not sure I've tried just restarting the frontend - it's
easier to turn the box off than find the keyboard to allow a frontend
only restart - I'll try to do so next time it happens) it runs perfectly
again.

I assume that you were previously running a version prior to 0.24 also
without problems?  So chances are it's not going to go away with 0.24
and I should actually spend some time figuring out what's wrong :)

Cheers,
James.