[mythtv-users] Issue compiling 0.24-fixes

Chris Thauberger cthauber at allstartech.com
Mon Nov 8 14:12:07 UTC 2010

>>> Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> 11/6/2010 5:04 PM >>>
On 11/6/2010 2:53 PM, Chris Thauberger wrote:

>> So, I guess there are no suggestions on what to look for?
>> Anyone??
>> I can build 0.23-fixes SVN without issues, but get the above error immediately with 0.24-fixes SVN.  It doesn't even start to compile and that error comes up.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Chris

in case anyone runs into this in the future, it turned out to be a simple fix.

Apparently, with 0.24, running the make command with 'sudo' is not enough...I was running (as I always have in the past) 'sudo make -j3'
Just for verification, I tried going in as full root (sudo su -) and then running make, and lo and behold...it worked.

Anyway, it is now up and running, and going good.

Chris

Why would you run "make" as root?  You should only run "make install" (or preferably "checkinstall") as root.

-- Kevin

'sudo make' has always worked before, and if I just 'make' I have always been blasted with insufficient rights errors...Always been like that in the last 3.5 years I've been compiling Myth with MythBuntu...
This was the first time I had issues doing it that way (as shown in my first question...), and switching to root worked...

Just sharing what worked for me

Chris