[mythtv-users] How to mass-clear list of recordings?

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Nov 9 18:59:47 UTC 2010

Unfortunately my MythTV disk is failing and the logical volume I have
my XFS recording filesystem on appears to be badly broken (I/O errors
on the superblock.) I'm going to attempt a ddrescue to a new drive but
in case I can't recover the filesystem I'd like to update the database
to reflect the fact that the recordings are gone. What I want is to
have the same effect as doing "delete and allow rerecord" for every
single recording that had not been deleted prior to the disk crash,
without altering the information for recordings that were deleted
prior to the problem.

Is there any utility that I can use for this? I understand that the
orphan finder is (was?) broken. Otherwise, are there any SQL
statements I can use? I'd rather not have to go through hundreds of
recordings manually.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,