[mythtv-users] Tuning to BBC News / radio channels on Freesat

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 21:10:24 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 November 2010 19:28:20 Nick Morrott wrote:

> There were some changes a few weeks ago - see here for updated BBC details:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml
>
> > The card is detected as "cx88[0]: subsystem: 0070:9202, board: Hauppauge
> > Nova- S-Plus DVB-S [card=37,autodetected], frontend(s): 1".  It's a
> > 2.6.35 kernel.
>
> Same as mine.
>
> Have you configured the LNB as a UNIVERSAL type (10800-11800 MHz and
> 11600-12700 MHz) when running scandvb or in mythtv-setup? If it's
> defaulting to a STANDARD or ENHANCED one it will not tune above 11450
> MHz or 11700 MHz respectively.

Well I'm glad yours works!  The frequency changes to BBC4 were what triggered
my problem, I had noticed the radio channels had gone earlier, but my retune
broke a few things so I've started a new 0.24-fixes SVN install.  Aside from
this it's gone well.

I think I have chosen a Universal LNB, but it's very difficult to be entirely
sure as the LNB menu doesn't fit on a 720x576 screen (incidentally I don't
understand why it needs to be this big).  Certainly selecting the 11.9GHz
signal returns an error saying the IF is too high (says about 2GHz I think).
In dvbscan a 1.5GHz IF is selected, but the signal doesn't tune.

I'll try forcing the LNB to be universal.  I assume I have a Universal one
then?  The only option on purchase was single or dual.

Thanks,

Widget.