[mythtv-users] Is the Acer Revo still the best frontend?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:16:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I started with all 1600s.  Since I have made a BE/FE combo with an
>> NV220GT that controls (2) TVs.  One is next to the TV connected via
>> VGAnd the other is a few rooms away connected via hdmi.  The
>> investments in this was ~500 (minus the storage arrays I already had),
>> but it is 2 FEs and a MBE that commflags all 6 of my recorders
>> simultaneously..
>
> Have you documented how to get this running?  This sounds very
> interesting for my Core i5 750 backend.  :)  Since it's sitting in my
> basement and we're finally getting the basement finished, it would be
> nice to have it run the projector and a separate flatscreen (two sets
> of remotes, etc).

It is mentally documented  :)

If you would like to go down the same path, I can send you all of the
configs related though.  The only thing I should mention is that my
VGA connection is ~3' from the machine.  I have had bad (very bad)
experiences with VGA over 10' - (, but my very bad picture, etc..),
but my hdmi experience with a 50' cable is quite positive.  I am
unsure if an adapter to hdmi will yield the same results though (not
tried).

Lemme know, and I can grab my configs for all of it and post them if wanted.