[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Tue Nov 9 22:00:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 13:46, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> Note that you shouldn't be using EIT on the same channel for which you're
> using XMLTV or using Schedules Direct.

I believe this is our bingo.  I do use Schedules Direct.  Looking just now,
prompted by your analysis, I found that for some brainless reason I also had
the EIT checkbox ticked on this source.  (Maybe when I configured it I was
thinking "the more information the better," but I couldn't say for sure.)
Since it now seems obvious to me that one shouldn't do that, I've unticked
EIT and suspect I won't see this symptom again.

> However, based on the show you're talking about, I'm guessing you're
> eligible for using Schedules Direct data.  If so, IMHO, $20/year is a /lot/
> cheaper than coding the above correctly.

Indeed!  I'm already a paid customer, and a big fan.  I agree completely
with your opinion of its value.

> And, when it all comes down to it, what happened is actually the best
> possible result.  MythTV recorded too much instead of too little.

Quite so!  And precisely why this was more of a "hmmmm" than a "dammit" to
me.  My only possible "beef" in this situation, if I *really* wanted to have
one, would be the absence of a programid in the listings, although I
wouldn't know whether to blame Schedules Direct or indeed the broadcaster
for that -- and it's of negligible consequence anyway.  So I'm cool.

All of that said, I'm going to declare case closed, lesson learned, NBF (no
bug found), and rock on.

Thanks again,
EW