[mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 10 15:16:13 UTC 2010

Zitat von Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com>:

> On 10 November 2010 14:00, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I deleted a bunch of recording, most recorded on a slave backend that no longer exists.
> >
> > The recordings are no longer in the database (not on recordings screen, and "mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM recorded;" > /tmp/t.txt" doesn't seem to have the recordings either).
> >
> > But, no disk space was returned.
> >
> > Is there a simple script to match what is in the recorded table to what is on the disk?  Basically, if there is a recording on disk that doesn't have a matching table entry, I want to delete the file.  Or am I missing something?
> >
> > Gerald

-------------------------

FROM: "Martin Moores" <moores.martin at gmail.com>
TO: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
SENT: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:11:45 AM
SUBJECT: Re: [mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

If you are running ext3/ext4 (not 100% on ext4) filesystem,  then recordings can take an age to delete from disc.  I used the stats  page on mythweb to monitor the gradually increasing disc space when I  removed a ton of recordings (just to make sure if was actually  happening).  Took literally hours for the recordings to delete and the  disc space to be freed

Martin
 That's what I figured, so I waited over 12 hours before I said  anything.  The stats page does show a bit more free than 'df' does but  not much.  Plus, I'm using XFS, so I didn't think it was an issue.

Thanks for the heads up on the stats page in mythweb.  I didn't look there at all.

Gerald

FWIW, this happens with XFS too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/