[mythtv-users] Corrupted recording, need help with diagnosis...

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 18:53:44 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 10:36 AM, Greg wrote:
> You didn't post the specs of your machine,but looking at your log,it appears you are using commercial detection at the same time
> as you are recording... There was a person a few weeks ago that had the same problem..I suggested turning off commercial
> detection until the program is recorded...That solved his problem... It don't cost anything to give it a try..

I just recently changed to allow commercial flagging at the same time as recording.

Previously, commercial flagging would occur at the end of a recording, quite often starting commercial flagging of one show
slightly after another show started recording. I was not having trouble with that set up.

Commercial flagging simultaneously with recording should be less stressful because the data the commercial flagger needs should
still be in the disk cache so it would not need to be read off the disk.

I'm not saying you are wrong about the cause, but I would like to understand what is going on. To that end, I am going to leave
the setup as is, and attempt to catch it in the act.

The system is an i7 processor with 6 GB of ram and a single 1.5 TB disk. It runs both a front end and a back end, and is also my
desktop.