[mythtv-users] How to upgrade Ubuntu to MythTV 0.24

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:15:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>wrote:

> On 11/11/10 15:31, Corne Beerse wrote:
>
>> On 11-11-2010 16:17, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>>> Mythbuntu daily builds is the way to go.
>>> Based on the typical policy of version changes of software in releases
>>> of Ubuntu there wont be an official 0.24 release for any ubuntu build
>>> until the next Ubuntu release in April. Although a mythbuntu dev could
>>> clarify that.
>>>
>>> So, 10.10 will be restricted to 0.23.1
>>> 11.04 may/will get 0.24
>>>
>>> Mythbuntu daily builds not only get you to 0.24 quicker but also get
>>> you the fixes branch.
>>>
>> For ubuntu and deriviates (like mythbuntu) I expect MythTV 0.24 will
>> become available in the pre-released (proposed) or unsupported (backports)
>> repositories. Hence enable that to see if MythTV 0.24 is there.
>>
>> I expect the daily builds are the first to move to 0.24, followed by
>> backports and finally (aproaching april next year) in pre-released.
>>

>> My 2 cents
>>
>> CBee
>>
> I've updated using the Daily Builds and it appears to have worked OK, it's
> a bit difficult to tell as I'm accessing my Backend remotely via NX. I'll
> update the frontends when I get home this evening.
>
> Regards,
> Dave.

Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 will only get MythTV 0.24 through auto-builds. 11.04
will be the first to get 0.24 in the official repos

I'm not sure why you think the auto-builds are any less stable than what is
in the repo. My guess is that you know that daily builds are usually from
trunk (in other software). These builds are from the fixes branch of MythTV
0.24. If anything, they are more stable than what is in the official repos

Thomas