[mythtv-users] Deleted recording - no disk space returned

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Nov 11 19:02:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 08:18, Steve Netting <steve at moonfoundation.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure if this will help you, but on my box in the contrib directory
> there's script called myth.find_orphans.pl which will cross reference the
> DB and storage and optionally remove any orphaned files.
>
> On my box the path is:-
>
> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl

I do know I have a bunch of orphaned files and/or database entries.
However, I noticed that this script wasn't in my 0.24-fixes contrib
directory, and I went off to find out why.

Turns out, according to the wiki and the thread referenced there, that the
script is deprecated and not recommended anymore.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth.find_orphans.pl
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/425156#425156

Just thought I'd point it out lest anyone go blindly down that path.

$0.02,
EW