[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:39:35 UTC 2010

On 12 November 2010 12:36, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The crash happens when I try to scan for audio devices.  When I don't,

Yes, I understand that...

> I can't hear audio (which I guess is the expected result).  I will see
> if I can figure out how to do a backtrace and post that to track.

You can't hear audio for content that will do digital passthrough.

Either disable digital passthrough, or use a device like ALSA:spdif,
ALSA:hdmi or ALSA:iec958

You can manually enter those values in. Those are devices supporting
digital passthrough. ALSA:default doesn't. If it worked before, it was
a coincidence ...