[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:03:11 UTC 2010

Hi

On 12 November 2010 13:14, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> It worked before (although I did have some issues where I would get no
> audio and have to restart it; perhaps that is related).  I have
> changed it to ALSA:iec958.  I still get the issues of sometimes it not
> playing audio and having to restart myth.  Nevertheless, if I keep it
> with that setting in .24 (I have downgraded to .23.1), will I not need
> to scan for audio devices, which seems to be a show-stopper for me?

You don't have to use Scan Device ; but it's strongly recommended so
you're guaranteed to see during the settings what you're going to
experience during playback.

If you don't you can set everything manually, but you could be doing
something that makes no sense.

If you entered ALSA:iec958 manually, configure it like you used to ;
it will work. Just not using any automatic settings.

I still would like your backtrace though... So this problem gets fixed
or at least we know what causes it.