[mythtv-users] ALSA volume mixer integration

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:05:57 UTC 2010

Hi

On 12 November 2010 13:39, E. Westbrook <mythtv-users at westbrook.com> wrote:
> I am not a fan of pulseaudio and prefer not to use it as it has complicated
> my life in the past.  I am aware of no benefit it offers me over stock
> ALSA.  Am I wrong?

you're not using ALSA in a standard way so you will always have issues.
ALSA wasn't designed to allow multiple applications access the audio
card at the same time. That's what pulse is for.

You can't expect myth to behave like you want, when there's no reason
it should. If using ALSA, myth expects it to be the only application
accessing the audio card (and mixer)