[mythtv-users] Recent Gentoo mysql update broke backend startup

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Nov 12 09:40:56 UTC 2010

This is a weird one - not restarted the machine for a couple of months but
tonight having done so I find that the backend won't start from the init
script. It runs fine off the command line as root user but if I su to the
mythtv user it asks if I want to configure the database connection.

The error is that it can't connect to the mysql server. Nothing has
changed in the startup script so it must be something with the way the
mysql server does stuff now having moved from 5.0.90 to 5.1.50

Anyone any ideas?

--
Robin Gilks