[mythtv-users] Can't scan fir audio devices in new .24 install

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:02:30 UTC 2010

On Thursday 11 November 2010 10:03:11 pm Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 12 November 2010 13:14, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It worked before (although I did have some issues where I would get no
> > audio and have to restart it; perhaps that is related).  I have
> > changed it to ALSA:iec958.  I still get the issues of sometimes it not
> > playing audio and having to restart myth.  Nevertheless, if I keep it
> > with that setting in .24 (I have downgraded to .23.1), will I not need
> > to scan for audio devices, which seems to be a show-stopper for me?
>
> You don't have to use Scan Device ; but it's strongly recommended so
> you're guaranteed to see during the settings what you're going to
> experience during playback.
>
> If you don't you can set everything manually, but you could be doing
> something that makes no sense.
>
> If you entered ALSA:iec958 manually, configure it like you used to ;
> it will work. Just not using any automatic settings.
>
> I still would like your backtrace though... So this problem gets fixed
> or at least we know what causes it.

I am also having problems with getting audio to work with MythTV .24 in Arch
Linux.  When I press the button to Scan for audio devices nothing gets
updated, can't even tell if it is doing anything.  When I try to manually
specify my audio devcie wether it be ALSA:default (worked in .23-fixes),
ALSA:spdif, etc I don't get any audio output.  I don't see the crash when
scanning for devices though.
--
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.
Managers know it must be good because the programmers hate it so much.