[mythtv-users] What's the easiest way in 0.24 to add media from a Windows share?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:51:00 UTC 2010

Jay,

Personally rather than having both a windows machine running and a
mythtv box running I would centralise all your media in a single box.
It makes it simpler to complete lots of tasks and it means you dont
have to worry about the order you turn systems on... the myth backend
will / should always be turned on.

With large HDs being so cheap as well... I dont know how much media
you have but with a 2tb drive being £66 in the UK... (just avoid WD
drives with this new sector size - try as much as I did I could not
get the one I had to perform - I am sure this will get fixed but this
was quite recent and I am running 10.04).