[mythtv-users] mythvidexport.py errors out

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Fri Nov 12 16:10:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

might be doing something wrong here, but can't find out what

running sudo /usr/bin/mythvidexport.py --help gives this error:

File "/usr/bin/mythvidexport.py", line 50
     from MythTV import MythDB, Job, Recorded, Video, VideoGrabber,\
        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I am running as root to make sure I have no permission problems somewhere.

System info:

MythTV Version   : 27113
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-24-fixes
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101028-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

and python bindings info:

mythpython --version
MythTV Python Bindings
   local versions