[mythtv-users] ALSA volume mixer integration

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Fri Nov 12 16:18:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 05:15, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>wrote:

> In your very first post, you note that:
>
> "having set up ALSA's default pcm to a dmix"
>
> This is a non-standard use of ALSA - as JYA rightly points out, it's
> really the domain of PulseAudio. I think that's what he's getting at.

Thanks for clarifying.  I honestly didn't realize anyone considered that not
to be "standard" usage.  But I now realize that I shouldn't have taken the
bait, because it's irrelevant.

It's irrelevant becuase even with "standard" ALSA usage, myth doesn't
synchronize with externally invoked level changes.  So I'll keep an eye on
the bug in trac and also see what I can do myself.

Thanks again, everyone.

EW