[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 Live TV Returns to last channel/tuner watched - Not good for me!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 12 19:11:11 UTC 2010

  On 11/12/2010 02:06 PM, Dave Pearson wrote:
> On 12/11/10 18:56, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Dave Pearson  wrote:
>>> Although it is entirely logical for Live TV to start playing on the
>>> same
>>> channel and tuner as was last watched, for me this is not so good as it
>>> means my Sky + box is often tuned to a different channel when my son is
>>> watching it in another room.
>>>
>>> Is there a way I can return MythTV 0.24 to the old behaviour of always
>>> starting on the last Tuner?
>> No.  Myth expects to have exclusive access to all equipment.
> Hmmm, I can understand it wanting exclusive access to internal
> adapters, but exclusive access to external Set Top Boxes is not always
> desirable - especially where the Set Top Box is shared with other people.
>
> I definitely preferred the old behaviour in this instance - everything
> else I've looked at in 0.24 is really good, so please don't take this
> as a complaint. Who would I need to send a request to to make this a
> user selectable option?

Please explain this old behavior of which you speak.  Then I can tell
you your options.  I don't understand what you're trying to do, and I'm
pretty sure nothing has changed regarding input selection (in Live TV or
otherwise).

I need to know what behavior you're seeing and what behavior you're
expecting.

Mike