[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 Live TV Returns to last channel/tuner watched - Not good for me!

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 19:49:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:
> OK, here goes:
>
> Up until I upgraded to MythTV 0.24, whenever I started Live TV it would
> always start on the last channel selected on the Last Tuner in the list of
> Tuners.
>
> Since I've upgraded to 0.24, it now starts on the last channel that was
> being watched on the last Tuner being used. For me, this is not so good
> since it could be the Composite Channel on my PVR250, which means the IR
> Blaster changes the channel on my Sky Box (and my son gets cross with me!).
>
> I'd like to be able to change it back so that it always starts on the last
> tuner (in my case a DVB-T card).

Wouldn't the old behavior still change the channel to the last channel
that Myth had used, so if your son is watching live tv, changes the
channel since Myth had control of the box, and you go to live tv, it
would still change the channel (not to mention what would happen if
Myth decides to record on that tuner, which definitely would change
the channel when your son is watching)?

I think the solution is to either not use Myth to watch live tv
(something that has been preached since well before I started using
Myth at version .14 (early 2004)), dedicate the STBs with Myth to Myth
and not allow changes to the channel (which is something I don't do, I
have my STB connected to my TV to watch live tv and myth via firewire
to capture with the recognition that Myth will take control of that
box at times), get another box so your son does not cross with you, or
train your son so he does not cross with you.