[mythtv-users] Slight stutter on playback, 0.23 on ION 330HT

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sat Nov 13 13:03:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:34:42 +1100, mythtv at theseekerr.com said:

> Both drive TV's  using HDMI at 1920x1080 using the VDPAU Normal
> profile. No stuttering on interlaced HD MPEG2 (1080i), progressive HD
> MPEG2 (720p) or progressive HD H.264 (1080p and 720p).

Thank you, that was very useful.

What I have found is that if subtitles are displayed with VDPAU Normal, I
get a lag between video and sounds, and also the stutter on playback. With
subtitles off, both problems disappear. However, I need subtitles on as my
wife is deaf, so I think the ION330HT is insufficient for our needs.

Thanks,
Keith