[mythtv-users] cutlist editing hangs frontend

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Sun Nov 14 00:28:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 03:50:14PM -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Craig Sanders <cas at taz.net.au> wrote:
> > none of these are showstopper problems, and i suppose i'll get used to
> > the changes eventually - but WHY does every new release of mythtv seem
> > to take something that was simple and straightforward and easy to use
> > and make it clumsy and awkward to use?
>
> Please stop upgrading.  Clearly you are unhappy with the results and
> we are unhappy with your rude attitude.

this is something that really shits me about the attitude on the myth
lists - any comment that isn't slavishly sycophantic is interpreted as
being rude and insulting. that's complete bullshit.

and the users here are *MUCH* worse than any of the devs - brown-nosing
seems to be the order of the day, sucking up to instantly leap to
defence of some poor helpless dev whenever someone dares to suggest that
their work is anything less than 100% perfect.

> You would be doing us all a favor if you please kept your myth systems
> at the current versions.

actually, you would be doing us all a favour if you weren't so
aggressively defensive on someone else's behalf. what you do completely
stifles feedback and makes most users too scared to comment for fear of
being jumped on by someone like you.

> Thanks for pissing on his work.  Please go away.

FOAD.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>