[mythtv-users] No connection to backend after 0.24 auto-builds - Mythbuntu 10.10

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 14 04:27:53 UTC 2010

  On 11/13/2010 09:43 PM, Tim Raphael wrote:
> I have just done a clean build of Mythbuntu 10.10 onto my Acer Revo 3610 frontend.
> As this ships with 0.23-fixes, I enabled auto-builds to get the update to 0.24.
> I selected PPA as the repo and installed all the updates the update manager suggested.
>
> I have installed mythbuntu as a combines front-end back-end with no tuner cards. It is primarily for MythVideo at this point in time.

TTBOMK, MythTV 0.24 won't start with no capture cards defined anywhere
in the system.  Thus the backend log's saying (amidst all the extra
stuff that hides it):

2010-11-14 10:14:46.233 MythBackend, Warning: No valid capture cards are
defined in the database.

just before mythbackend shuts down.

And, before anyone starts complaining that we purposefully disabled an
unsupported configuration, we didn't.  It is unsupported, and no one
really tests the configuration, so we really didn't know that it won't
start until after release.

Mike