[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 Live TV Returns to last channel/tuner watched - Not good for me!

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 07:19:45 UTC 2010

On 13/11/10 13:03, George Galt wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Dave Pearson<lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>  wrote:

>>> Because you had selected "Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled
>>> recordings."

>>> No, MythTV has always (before 0.24 and after) chosen the best-quality
>>> local input for MythTV /unless/ you specified, "Avoid conflicts between live
>>> TV and scheduled recordings," in which case it uses the default input on the
>>> last-defined card.

>>> Set the setting.
>>>
>>> Mike
>> I still have "Avoid conflicts between Live TV and scheduled shows" set,
>> unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any effect any more. There is, what a
>> think is, a new option - "Allow Live TV to move scheduled shows", but
>> disabling this seems to have no effect on the startup Tuner/Channel.
>>
>> I have thought of a possible way around this - if there is a way of getting
>> the channel change script to detect if the channel change is being called by
>> Live TV or by a Scheduled Recording, I could tell the script to only change
>> channel if it is for a recording (If I am watching Live TV I can use the
>> Sky+ remote to change to the channel I want). Do you have any ideas as to
>> how I can achieve this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave.

> Dave,
>
> I'm not sure if this will work, but you might have a look at Myth
> Events, which allows an action to be taken in conjunction with an
> event, such as the end of a recording (these were added in 0.23 I
> believe).  I'm not sure if there is a defined event associated with
> Live TV, but if there is, you could have it set an environmental
> variable that your channel changing script could check.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> George
Yes, that looks promising as there are events for "Live TV Started" and
"Recording Started". If I remove the channel change script from the
PVR250 Card and add a slightly modified version of it to the "Recording
Started" Event I should be able to get the script to detect the cardid
and, if it is the PVR250 send the IR Blaster commands. For "Live TV
Started" I don't need to do anything and the channel will not get changed.

If/when I get this working I'll post the script back here as there may
be others who would find it useful.

Regards,
Dave.