[mythtv-users] judder-free - 0.24 - bad audio sync - Back to it

Sean Grieve sean at grieve.com.au
Sun Nov 14 07:57:49 UTC 2010

 > Extra audio buffer will be automatically enabled no matter the
 > settings if using VDPAU

damn placebo effect! :) .. I queried with my wife this morning if she
found the audio to be better in sync recently and she said no.. ahh,
bang goes that theory.. usually a pause/play and it sometimes goes back
on track.. either that or a quick jump back.

 > Works perfectly for me, enjoying 24fps movie here

That IS interesting.. will have to do some more testing..
I hope this doesn't sound completely stupid.. but does "sync to vblank"
affect this by chance? I had to disable this recently coz my HDMI cable
extender is probably a lil dodgy;  seemed that after mounting the
projector on the ceiling when I had "sync to vblank" ON I got headaches
very quickly while watching due to bad refresh (have ordered better
cable)... that's about the only other thing I changed when I started
losing sync.

Other than that, I'll keep testing things.. will send a post if I find
the magic setting

--
Sean