[mythtv-users] display all unwatched recordings

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Sun Nov 14 21:14:06 UTC 2010

On 14/11/2010 17:16, Joey Morris wrote:
> Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote on Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 08:37:37AM +0000:
>>
>> Never used this myself, but if you hit "menu" when you are on that screen,
>> then "change group view", you can uncheck "show watched programs".  I am
>> still on 0.22, so no idea if this has changed since then, upgrading soon!
>
> OK, thanks. I wasn't thinking along those lines, but that solution
> should work for me.
>
> Am I right that the user can't set up custom display groups?

AFAIK you cannot create your own custom "groups" using your own criteria.

You can assign them to different "recording groups" and then show the
recording groups in the list, but you would have to assign them to the
groups manually.

> In the "Change Group View" menu, I see a "Show Searches" option. Where
> do I define the searches that will be displayed when this is enabled?

These are the custom recording rules.

E.g. if you create a recording rule that searches for "Angelina Jolie"
in the cast, then the "Show Searches" checkbox will cause a "(Angelina
Jolie)" entry to appear at the top of the list containing any programs
*actually recorded* by that rule.

But it only shows the programmes that rule caused the scheduler to
record it.  So if two or more rules match the same programme it would
only appear under the one that actually "won".

--
Regards,
Jason