[mythtv-users] State of VA-API

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:47:25 UTC 2010

As I understand it, a lot of the coding to support VAAPI has been put
in place but it isnt ready for primetime and it is disabled; whether
this is a build option or something else I dont know.

I guess if you want to discuss this bleeding edge feature you should
ask on the dev list if they are looking for testers; if the feature is
still being developed then I am sure they wont want lots of people
saying this and that isnt working - which in almost all cases they
will be fully aware of.

Essentially; the devs will ask or make it known when a feature is
ready for beta-testers. Supporting VAAPI isnt going to be a trivial
piece of work.