[mythtv-users] cutlist editing hangs frontend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:36:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Johan <johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be> wrote:
> r27220 did not fix the problem totally for me. It still hangs, but not
> immediately after the first press of the right arrow. I can get to almost
> the end of the recording.
> The behaviour is now similar to what I achieved when I did a transcode
> first, however now without the transcode step in between.

If it looks like the same problem (mythfrontend is unresponsive with
little or no CPU utilization), it would help to attach gdb to the
process and get a backtrace.  Find the process ID of the mythfrontend
process (e.g., "pidof mythfrontend"), then follow the instructions in
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2 on getting a
backtrace.  Except that instead of the "run" command, do "attach
<process_ID_of_mythfronend>".  Capture the output and maybe attach it
to ticket #9218, or create a new ticket since #9218 is locked.

Jim