[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:47:22 UTC 2010

Hi

On 16 November 2010 13:37, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Three of the five machines (A Dell Optiplex 745, Dell Latitude E6510 and
> Dell 1909 all-in-one touchscreen) needed me to re-scan audio and select an
> appropriate device to get sound. Prior to the scan If I tried to watch
> anything, it would have no sound and the myth FE would hang on exit, having
> to force quit. All boxes use analog audio.

Which is why in the release note you will read:
"All users upgrading from a previous version of MythTV to 0.24 are *required
* to rescan for audio devices on their frontends (in the audio settings
menu) after upgrading due to the rewritten audio framework which can
conflict with legacy settings "

You will note that the only reason we make people rescan is that it was
badly configured before to start with ; where an incorrectly configured
system may have worked in the past, it's not the case anymore.