[mythtv-users] MacOS 10.6.4 MythBackend 0.24 Firewire issue

Klarr, Charles N CharlesKlarr at MissouriState.edu
Tue Nov 16 04:47:16 UTC 2010

I've been using MythTV for only a few weeks. Started with the older 0.23 build for MacOS from Psychosis.Net and after a bit of a learning curve was able to get it working with my Motorola 6412 DVR over firewire. Except for the launch bug.

Anyway, just downloaded and installed the Firewire fixed build of 0.24 from SourceForge. Set it up the same way I had 0.23 setup. I can control the DVR but it will not lock to any channel. The message displayed in the FrontEnd is "Show title" Signal 100% | (TL__) Partial Lock, against a solid green background.

I believe the working 0.23 release would display the message "Show title" Signal 100% | (LAM) Locked when I could watch and record tv.

I sent a message to the person who created and posted the binary on SourceForge and he said come here.  Thoughts, suggestions, ideas???

Charles