[mythtv-users] State of VA-API

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 16 09:13:52 UTC 2010

On 15.11.2010 19:47, Richard Morton wrote:
> As I understand it, a lot of the coding to support VAAPI has been put
> in place but it isnt ready for primetime and it is disabled; whether
> this is a build option or something else I dont know.
>
> I guess if you want to discuss this bleeding edge feature you should
> ask on the dev list if they are looking for testers; if the feature is
> still being developed then I am sure they wont want lots of people
> saying this and that isnt working - which in almost all cases they
> will be fully aware of.

Actually I did ask on the dev mailing list, but this list seems to be
rather dead, there's next to no new messages, let alone an answer to my
question wrt to VA-API.

> Essentially; the devs will ask or make it known when a feature is
> ready for beta-testers. Supporting VAAPI isnt going to be a trivial
> piece of work.

I was afraid of that... Guess I'll stick with KMS and OSS drivers for my
HD3200, works great for SD content and for H.264, well, the CPU must do
the job then.

Thanks
d.