[mythtv-users] Can anyone explain System Events to me

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 11:15:02 UTC 2010

I am trying to set my MythTV system up so that it will only send
commands to my Sky+ Box when MythTV is going to record a program, Not
when I switch to Live TV.

I had hoped that the "Recording Started" Event would allow me to do
this, but it is also triggered when Live TV is started, so that doesn't
help.

My next thought is to use the "Recording Pending" Event, but I don't
know exactly what this means and when/how it is triggered, can anyone
explain it to me?

Regards,
Dave.