[mythtv-users] Need help to setup iMON remote and VFD on Fedora 14

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Nov 16 13:13:31 UTC 2010

On 13 November 2010 05:54, Andrew Junev <a-j at a-j.ru> wrote:

> Hello Jarod,
>
> Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:15:42 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> P.S. Is it Ok that 'irw' doesn't show anything as well, even for the
> >> codes known by the driver?
>
> > No, irw should report all the known keys, so things must not actually
> > be entirely correct w/your config setup. Actually, now that I think
> > about it... You have lircd pointed at the -event-mouse by-id symlink,
> > but I think there's another symlink that should be in there, and its
> > the one you actually want here.
>

> Ah, bingo! I changed the device to
> /dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0038-event-if00
> and now I can see with irw the buttons I press! Great!!!
> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> Can you advice me about VFD as well? I'd like to get it to work
> with lcdproc. I have the following configuration for imon module:
>
> options imon display_type=1
>
> I can see the device /dev/lcd0 is created.
> But I don't see anything on the VFD screen even when I run:
>
> echo Hello > /dev/lcd0
>
> Do you have an idea on how to move forward with this one?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I just ran into the changing event id issue
so Iooked into /dev/input/by-id/

usb-15c2_0036-event-mouse
usb-15c2_0036-mouse

but which device should I use? neither look correct from my understanding

I'm currently using /dev/input/event6 I had looked briefly into using udev
to symlink based on the usb id but I haven't persued this option.

Cheers,

Anthony