[mythtv-users] .24 mythbuntu daily builds repo
jaw1959 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:45:26 UTC 2010
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Not a fun time for me in myth land. Hearing all the good news and
>> relative few horror stories, I decided to upgrade to .24 from a stock
>> mythbuntu 10.10 .23 installation. While the upgrade went reasonably well at
>> the beginning, it's been less than ideal since. Every machine in my stable
>> has been much less reliable, and now my backend fails to start. here's what
>> I see when I launch it from a command line: (my backend has been working
>> satisfactrilly since April of this year when I last did a fresh Myhbuntu
>> 10.04 OS/Myth install).
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.360 mythbackend version: branches/release-0-24-fixes
>>  www.mythtv.org
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.360 Using runtime prefix = /usr
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.360 Using configuration directory = /home/josh/.mythtv
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.361 Empty LocalHostName.
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.361 Using localhost value of Myth-Backend
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.362 Testing network connectivity to '192.168.1.5'
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.479 New DB connection, total: 1
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.485 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.493 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0'
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.494 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.497 Current locale EN_US
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.498 Reading locale defaults from
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.509 Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1264
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.514 ThreadPool:HTTP: Initial 1, Max 25, Timeout 60000
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.515 MediaServer::HttpServer Create Error
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.517 MythBackend: Starting up as the master server.
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.523 New DB connection, total: 2
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.524 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.525 New DB connection, total: 3
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.526 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.748 New DB scheduler connection
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.749 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.754 Enabled verbose msgs: important general
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.760 Failed to bind port 6543. Exiting.
>> 2010-11-16 21:05:02.760 Backend exiting, MainServer initialization error.
>> I'm new to the daily build world. is it possible to use on a "production"
>> system? I've only been using it for 3 days, and I've had a separate issue
>> each of those days. Iv'e been updating daily as none of my systems seem
>> reliable yet, hoping that one day it will all work as expected. While .23
>> wasn't perfect, it was stable enough that I'd only have to reboot every
>> couple of weeks when the frontends would slow down, etc. Any suggestions for
>> how I can approach this issue, and can I expect things to eventually work or
>> should I just rebuild my .23 system and wait till things mature?
>> I hope I don't come across overly negative, I've had a frustrating day,
>> and now even my TV is messing with me!
>> Thanks for any suggestions,
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> How are you starting and stopping the backend? That sounds like a symptom
> of manually running mythbackend rather than using the upstart job. You will
> want to be using the upstart job at all times.
> sudo start mythtv-backend
> sudo stop mythtv-backend
> sudo mythbackend -d
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
You are correct in that I did not manually start the backend properly,
however, the backend normally starts automatically, by whatever means
selected by the mythbuntu team. I'm a bit late with an update: My backend
locked up twice yesterday (I couldn't ssh to it, which never happened before
my recent upgrades) and after a reboot, the frontend on my backend reported
that it couldn't connect to the backend. I ran mythbuntu control centre and
did a connection test, and found that it failed. I then wrote the original
post in this thread, and after sending that, I ran the backend setup, turned
on some logging options that were previously turned off, and then I
rebooted. Seems it takes two reboots for the backend to start properly
after the lockup I experienced. Now things seem to be working for moment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users