[mythtv-users] Compile refuses to activate vdpau

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Wed Nov 17 13:31:14 UTC 2010

I'm running in to trouble compiling from SVN.

used to have a install from repo's but wanted to move to svn to be able
to provide some debug feedback when asked for.

The 0.24 repo version ran fine, using vdpau, but the configure script
refuses to accept vdpau.

After a lot of misery I found that I could get VDPAU working again with
mplayer, but the configure script still refuses the vdpau option.

this is my mplayer output:
mplayer -vo help -vc help | grep vdpau
    vdpau    VDPAU with X11
ffmpeg12vdpau ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg MPEG-1/2 (VDPAU)  [mpegvideo_vdpau]
ffwmv3vdpau ffmpeg    problems  FFmpeg WMV3/WMV9 (VDPAU)  [wmv3_vdpau]
ffvc1vdpau  ffmpeg    problems  FFmpeg WVC1 (VDPAU)  [vc1_vdpau]
ffh264vdpau ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg H.264 (VDPAU)  [h264_vdpau]
ffodivxvdpau ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg MPEG-4,DIVX-4/5 (VDPAU)
[mpeg4_vdpau]

It will play an Mpeg2 file using the ffmpeg12vdpau codec

its an old card (GT8500)using the 195 version of the Nvidia drivers, but
I can't see/find why the configure script refuses the vdpau option. I
must be missing something else.....
After all the ubuntu repo version was running ok for me.

Hints are appreciated....