[mythtv-users] Google TV HDMI Input

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Nov 17 22:15:31 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010 03:00:15 pm Greg Oliver wrote:

> Hauppauge must be selling the HDPVRs for penny profits to keep
> everyone else out of the game.  Noone else still sells a hardware
> encoder after over 2 years!

Do you mean nobody sells one that will handle HD resolutions for a
reasonable price?

I had thought that was the case, but I see this:

http://www.everythingusb.com/elgato-eyetv-hd-video-recorder-19068.html

I don't know anything about it though.

There are lots of SD devices designed for security systems as well.

Vendors like Lucent might make HD-capable devices, but they are not
noted for consumer price points. Their stuff tends to run to 5 figures.