[mythtv-users] HDPVR & Mythbuntu & Bell Satellite Channel Change Script
painethom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 01:35:47 UTC 2010
Ok extensive testing over the past few hours has revealed the following.
The lirc_zilog didn't seem to be loading at boot. I was getting errors
in mythbackend.log about irsend unable to open hardware device.
It seems when I use channel-change-lirc.pl as the channel change
script, the hdpvr either develops a minor hesitation every second or
two while watching live tv. When I change the script to /bin/true it
I do have a serial IR blaster somewhere. I guess at this point I
better dig it out and find it and give that a try. I was hoping to get
the receiver and blaster working on the HDPVR but at this point I'm
more concerned with having a functional backend. I won't be watching
live tv or recordings on it. I've decided to relocate the satellite
box and the backend to the basement and work on a front end instead.
I'll post copies of the conf files I was using a little later when I
get on the backend computer. It's currently recording a couple of
shows since I set the channel with the remote.
More information about the mythtv-users