[mythtv-users] mythweb setup on 0.24-fixes

Joern Koerner joern.koerner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:19:42 UTC 2010

Am 06.11.2010 00:04, schrieb Brock Haywood:
> I'm having an issue that I haven't seen elsewhere (or my googling is
> really inadequate).  I just built 0.24-fixes and that's all working
> properly. My problem is with the mythweb plugin, I followed the
> installations directions pretty closely (it's pretty straight forward).
> When requesting the mythweb main page I get a blank page with the
> following in the apache error logs:
>
> Fri Nov 05 15:57:47 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Warning:
> file_get_contents(modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang): failed to
> open stream: No such file or directory in
> /var/www/html/classes/Translate.php on line 168
> [Fri Nov 05 15:57:47 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:
> Failed to open translation file:  modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang
> in /var/www/html/classes/Translate.php on line 172

I've exactly the same problem on a freshly installed Archlinux system.
mod_env and mod_rewrite are loaded and running, the pathes in
mythweb.conf are correct, in php.ini too.

In fact, the variable modules_path is not yet defined and therefore
turned into a string.
The error itself comes from the exception trapping code where the
occurred error should be displayed in detail.
During a step-by-step debugging, I figured out that first an error
occurred in includes/db_update.php at the line setting('WebPrefer...:
        // Moving settings into the database
             case 1:
                 setting('WebPrefer_Channum', null, 1);

Then, for unknown reason it worked suddenly, and now an exception is
raised in session.php at session_start();

I've triple and more checked the permissions, read INSTALL again and
again, but cannot get any step further.
PHP Sessions work fine but...

I need some fresh ideas what's going wrong and why. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
joern