[mythtv-users] FC14 lirc mce remote

John Haywood john at jhit.com.au
Thu Nov 18 21:37:11 UTC 2010

I'm a bit confused regarding getting an mce remote working under fc 14 and mythtv (from freshrpms).

The device is correctly detected (lsusb gives mfg code, device id and a correct manufacturer name (fintek).

I tried installing lirc 0.8.7, copying over a lird.conf file and starting lircd, but irw gives nothing, although keypresses on the remote register with the receiver.

Then I noticed that there were no kernel modules loading, nor would they load explicitly.

I went back and read a couple of posts from Jarod, where it seems that the module has moved in-kernel, and lirc is no longer required, but I'm not really sure of the whole picture here.

Can someone please help get this working, please?

Thanks

John
--
This message written on an iPhone at a bus stop or train station. Please excuse brevity and/or typos