[mythtv-users] S3 Shutdown Issue

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 16:44:21 UTC 2010

This issue isn't exclusive to mythtv, but maybe someone has had it?

When shutting down a mythtv frontend using the power button on the box, the disk is not unmounted correctly.  When the next time the frontend box is powered on, the boot process includes a file system check and a reboot.

If I shut down the same box from the mythtv GUI?  No problems.

I am thinking the issue might be buried in an acpid, but the power button routine is dead simple.
         # Normal handling.
        /sbin/shutdown -h -P now "Power button pressed"

If I do the same from the command line I have no disk check when I turn the box on again.

Any ideas?