[mythtv-users] DVB-S multirec: how many recordings per card?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Nov 19 18:15:54 UTC 2010

Am 19.11.2010 18:14, schrieb Another Sillyname:

> More importantly have a look at you target satellites and the channels
> therein, now look at the Mux spread, you may well find that you never
> have more then 2 channels that you want to watch on the same Mux
> anyway.  If this is the case then there's little or no point
> allocating more then 2 multi-recs per card tuner as they'll never be
> able to record more then that.

Hmm, this might explain why I sometimes get conflicts for recordings
even when I would have tuners left.

For example, wanting to record 5 things in parallel, having 2x3
recordings set (2 cards with 3 recs each) and I get a conflict ... this
was leading me to my question!

I was (and am) afraid to silently miss recordings if I set that value
too high ...

So would I be safe anyway with a setting of 3 (and just get a conflict
as mentioned)? Or should I go for "2"?

Thanks! Stefan