[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Nov 19 21:07:40 UTC 2010

On November 19, 2010, Drew Gilbert wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2010 05:57:32 Paul Wilson wrote:
> > I know my MythTV box is a critical piece of infrastructure  so I have to
> > be a bit cautious about any changes, so I'm thinking a week is a
> > reasonable time to wait for the dust to settle.
> > I haven't see too many critical problems posted on the list, (right?) so
> > I think I will upgrade this weekend.

I too am waiting a bit for the dust to settle.  I'm also waiting for packages
to be released for debian stable at debian-multimedia.org.  However, Christian
has said that he won't bother with Lenny packages since Squeeze will be
released in the not too distant future.

So I guess I'm really waiting for the next Debian stable release...

I know I could roll my own packages, but it gets to be a real pain compiling
for multiple architectures (x86, ARM), and Debian versions (testing, stable).
I'll just wait.

Mark

My backend/home business server runs Debian Stable, as do my two dedicated
frontend machines, the slave backend, and my ancient laptop.  My desktop runs
Debian Testing.  Now that testing is frozen I may upgrade the laptop as a
test, but the server/backends and the frontends aren't for play.  They have a
job to do with no messing around.  That's what Debian Stable is for.

Man that's a lot of hardware.