[mythtv-users] Store Recording Previews in a seperate location

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Nov 20 00:51:38 UTC 2010

-----Original Message----- From: Michael T. Dean
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:31 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Store Recording Previews in a seperate location

  On 11/14/2010 06:09 AM, Justin Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like have the recording previews stored in a separate directory.
> I searched and found the thread at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/378114#378114 which
> lists information about a patch to do that because created.
> Does anyone know what happened to that patch or of another way to
> store Previews in a separate directory?

There's no patch.  Each time I started on it, someone talked me out of
writing it because there's really not any big benefit to it (especially
when compared to the amount of work/code required).

On 11/19/2010 17:36, Justin Dunn wrote:
> Ok, Thanks for the information.
> Just wondering how much work is required? It seems like all you would
> need to do is change a couple lines of code to use a storage group
> path but I'm not that familiar with the code so I don't know.
> Justin

Conversely, where is the benefit to making the change?  The recordings
directory is never intended to viewed directly.  Such a change should be
purely cosmetic, cleaning up a folder that should never be accessed
anyway.  If you _do_ think you want to access that folder, you should
really be accessing formatted links generated by mythlink.pl.