[mythtv-users] Is there an easy way to get recordings to my Droid?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:50:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Steve
<stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 03:42 PM, jedi wrote:

>>> Mythexport looks promising. I will give it a whirl. Anyway to cut
>>> commercials automatically?
>>>

>>     How does the Droid player do with skipping around commercials? Some
>> players
>> handle this sort of thing better than others. The Archos video player is
>> very
>> good at this whereas the Apple (iphone/ipad) player not so much.
>>

> The droid player is horrible. You get play pause and can drag to location.
> No minute or 30 second skip option that I can see. So for an hour long
> recording, it's really hard to skip to the right place. That's why I was
> wondering if you could cut commercials out automatically. However, just
> getting a user job running is my first priority, as it just isn't working.
> Neither is mythexport working.

I use the RockPlayer app for my droid, and it works *much* better than
the built in app.  Plays almost anything you can throw at it (although
some will obviously jerk if the codec is not accelerated).  I did give
a few bucks for it, but IIRC it was reasonable..  There may be
something free out there by now, but I could not watch webex's without
this player at the time since they were streamed wmvs..